Sunday 2 June 2013

So, I'm not important, to you.

  Yesterday, I worked night shift. After work, I realised that I'd lost my wallet & my work pass was inside my wallet. The hotel has a stupid rule, must pay $30 + gst if you lost the work pass.


  I lost my wallet, my ez-link card is inside too. It was after 11.30pm. I called my mom, she was with her boyfriend & she said she has no money to pay for my cab fare. I couldn't contact my brothers. I don't wanna trouble Calista as I still owe her money & she had to wake up at 7am the next day. I don't know who could I call for help.

  I ended up calling him.

  The moment when he said that he couldn't help, I went speechless. He told me to borrow money from the guard but it was only my first day working in the hotel & I don't know when will my agent assign me to work in this hotel again. So how would the guard trust me?


  Subconsciously, I couldn't pay attention to whatever he was saying on the phone. I knew I had to deal with it myself; he's not gonna save me. Thus, I ended the call so that he wouldn't hear me crying.

  After some time, he texted me. I thought he wouldn't bother to text me.

  He asked was I home yet & said that he was really in police centre.

  I believe you weren't any better than me. Lost wallet is no big deal.



  I was outside Far East Plaza, all by myself, from 12am to 1.35am.

  I finally realised, I'm not as important to him as I thought I was. Silly me.

  I was hoping that he would come out from one of those "hired" cab or to see his sister's red car.

  It was very obvious that he wouldn't be. This is my story, not any romance drama. Dumb me.

  The night was very cold; just like you.

  That moment, somehow, I didn't care that it was late nor was I afraid & worried what if a drunk man disturbs me.

  My left leg was bleeding. There were blood stains on my hand & leg. Yet, I felt as though it was my heart that was bleeding profusely instead. Tears stained on my cheeks.


  A guy who I just met at work yesterday asked for my number, he went off first after work. He didn't know that I'd lost my wallet. However, he spammed me 6 messages when I didn't reply him, asking am I okay. He immediately called me when I finally replied & told him that I'd lost my wallet. We know each other less than 24 hours & don't even know each other's name.

  Even a stranger cares more than you.

  When I reached home, I was wondering what happened to him, why did he end up in police centre? Most importantly, I wonder is he alright.

  So I failed to control myself & asked is he alright.

  You're strong & firm. You can stop caring about me but I can't stop caring about you.


  Yesterday afternoon, I was thinking to lose 5kg in a month & then I would initiate to talk to him, as a friend.

  I was thinking, to let you see a better me.

  I was thinking, although I couldn't be his sweetheart, I could be his good friend.

  Well, after this incident, I know, I should face the fact that he's gone & he wouldn't care about me anymore.




  You'll never realise how much you've hurt me.

  Because of you, I've become so weak that I can barely recognise myself now. Because of you, I'm so terrified to be alone now.

  It's fine that you don't care about me, what's more important is you're alright.


No comments: